Call To Artists For “HOME”
Opening Reception: Saturday, December 10, 2016, from 5-7 pm
Bring in your artwork Sat & Sun, Dec. 3rd, 11am to 4pm, or Dec. 4th, 12noon to 4pm (If you have already submitted via email, curators will contact you–thank you)
Siskiyou Arts Museum is requesting artist submissions for an upcoming group exhibition. The theme for this December show is “HOME.”
Shelter, refuge, retreat, asylum–how will you depict your sense of home for this exhibit?
Submit your art in any medium: Paintings, Photography, Sculpture, Fabric, Ceramics, Encaustic …
Printable pdf file: ARTIST RELEASE … includes an artist’s waiver, inventory and entry forms. Fill out completely
(PLEASE PRINT!) & sign; cut and attach forms to the back of your artwork.
- Artist does not need to be a current member of the Siskiyou Arts Museum, but you are encouraged to join or renew your dues for 2017.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces for a $10 entry fee. Entry fee of $10 is waived for SAM member artists.
- Submit for jurying during gallery hours: Saturday, Dec. 3, 11am-4pm, and Sunday, Dec. 4, 12noon-4pm. (If you have already submitted via email, as was previously requested, your art will still be curated and you will be contacted by Dec. 4).
- No late entries will be accepted.
- The reception will take place Saturday Dec. 10, from 5-7pm.
- Show runs through the end of December.
Out-of-area artists can participate:
You will need to ship your art to someone in Northern California who will bring it to SAM, retrieve it after the show, and ship it back.
SAM is not set up to receive out-of-area art, but accepts art brought in by a responsible friend.
The out-of-area artist pays for insurance & shipping each way.
1) Signed ARTIST RELEASE.
2) $10 entry fee (for up to 3 pieces) or, $20 artist membership for 2017, making you eligible to have art sold in our gift shop.
3) Keeping the HOME theme, and
4) Ready to hang, with appropriate hanging system.
Soooo … artists … invite your out-of-area artist friends to join the show!
You will be responsible for bringing their applications and artwork to the museum by Dec. 2nd or 3rd, and make arrangements with them for shipping back … We would LOVE to have you and your friends’ art in this show!