Dunsmuir Autumn Art Walk
Saturday October 11th, 2014, from 1-5pm
Dunsmuir Autumn Art Walk 2014—Enjoy the scenic colors of fall while touring open studios of local artists and downtown businesses hosting popular north state artists.
- All events are free!
- Refreshments will be served at all venues, including the Railroad Depot & Museum.
- The Liberty Scroll, an 80 foot canvas collaboration of 19 Siskiyou County artists will be presented by Liberty Arts as part of this years’ ArtWalk. The scroll took more than one year to complete with each artist doing individual work without knowing what previous artists had done. Shasta Regional Community Foundation provided funding for this community and county project.
- More than 30 artists will show their work and be present to meet the visitors
- Local business and city venues will host the artists as well as individual studios.
Dunsmuir Art Walk is presented by: Siskiyou Arts Museum
Sponsored by: City of Dunsmuir, Dunsmuir Chamber of Commerce, Cafe Maddalena, Dogwood Diner, Dunsmuir Brewery Works, and Pacific Power.
- Artists agree to provide refreshments for a large crowd. Expect 200-400 visitors to your display.
- Artists also agree to stay with their display and to engage the visitors.
- Artists will place a sign on the outside of their location or otherwise attract attention like with a bunch of balloons, identifying them as an official ArtWalk location on the map. Be creative!! Show off your talent. Sidewalk sandwich boards ok.
- All work displayed will be for sale (some easels are available with a deposit – ask us).
- Artist/Authors are encouraged to sell books, too. The $25 registration fee is inclusive of both activities. Or authors may promote only their books.
- Prior to the event, Artists agree to communicate with the landlord of their assigned location about things like driving nails into the wall, keys or whether the space will it be open, what the display space looks like and any requirements for a successful event.
- One piece can be delivered to SAM Siskiyou Arts Museum 5824 Dunsmuir Ave. The piece should be properly framed and marked for sale. The markup on sales is 50/50. In the event your piece at SAM sells, 50% of the sale price will go to SAM.
Questions? Inquire for more details:
Linda Price, 235-4050
Cheryl Petty, 235-2133
Or email us at email@example.com