The Dunsmuir Art Walk was created by downtown artists and businesses seeking to build a community of artists who support each other in their efforts to exhibit, promote and sell their artwork. The success of the Art Walk is directly related to the artist’s participation.
Closed for 2013!
Dunsmuir Autumn Art Walk Application Instructions and Participation Requirements
Thank you for your interest in the Dunsmuir Autumn Art Walk!
The Art Walk will take place on October 19, 2013. 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Be sure to read these application procedures before filling out the application.
I. ART & ARTIST REQUIREMENTS
1. Art must be original, visual, and of high quality. Reproductions of your own artwork are OK.
2. The majority of items for display must be for sale and all must be made by the artist.
3. Artist accepted must reside in the State of Jefferson. (Redding to Ashland and Happy Camp to Tulelake )
4. Submitted work will be reviewed by a judging panel. The decision of the judges will be final. Violation may result in ineligibility for future Art Walks.
II. APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Fill out the application available at www.SiskiyouArts Museum.org
2. Email three images. (see III)
3. Mail your check. (see IV) or use PayPal
III. IMAGE SUBMISSION
1. You will be juried by your submitted images.
2. High quality JPEG format only. Be sure to submit high technical & aesthetic quality images that accurately portray your artwork.
3. After completing the online application upload your three images to email@example.com.
4. Files must be labeled with your last name first as follows: ** the image you want displayed on the website:
5. Last name First initial-Title.jpg ** Note: Your last name must be first. (example: SmithA-Beargrass.jpg)
6. ** Example for other 2 images: SmithA-Lupine.jpg; JacobsonD-MysteryDoor.jpg.
**It is essential for you to label your work carefully. If your images files are not correctly labeled we will not be able to process your application.
Please keep each image to 1MB or less. Please call or email Lauri Sturdivant if you have questions about image submission: 235-4711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Application Fee: $5 non-refundable jury fee per artist. Applications must be received by September 15, 2013. Artist’s work will be juried upon receipt of application, images and application fee. We start promoting this event early and will promoting artists as soon as they been accepted.
2. Final Application Fee: $30 Due upon acceptance notice and must be received by October 1, 2013.
3. Make checks payable to Siskiyou Arts Museum. Mail it to: SAM, 5824 Dunsmuir Ave, Dunsmuir 96025
4. Application fee is non-refundable after October 15, 2013
V. DEADLINES & DATES
1. September 15, 2012 application deadline.
2. October 1, 2013 – Notification of acceptance will be made via email.
3. If accepted participation fee due October 1, 2013
VI. ARTIST RESPONSIBILITIES
The Dunsmuir Art Walk was created by downtown artists and businesses seeking to build a community of artists who support each other in their efforts to exhibit, promote, and sell their artwork. The success of the Art Walk is directly related to the artist’s participation.
Artist Participation Requirements:
1. Be set up 1 full hour before the opening.
2. No early take downs.
3. Signage – Artists are responsible for their own signs to attract people: balloons, location # to correspond to map. SAM has some Art Walk signs you can use or you can place balloons to advertise your location number.
4. Artists are expected to provide refreshments, both a beverage and a snack. This can be as simple or elaborate as you wish. Bring enough to last throughout the day. We expect 400 visitors and we have advertised there will be refreshments provided at each location.
5. Artists are expected to provide all the items they need to display their artwork, tables, lighting, chairs, etc.
6. Upon acceptance the artist will be contacted, location assignment, and a contract to sign.
7. It is the artists responsibility to communication with business owner to make arrangements as to where and when to set-up.
8. Rent an easel: SAM has a limited number of easels we can rent you on a first come first served.
They can be picked up from SAM on Thursday or Friday October 17th 4pm ONLY!! Send an email to reserve yours, email@example.com. A deposit of $5.00 per easel will be paid when easel(s) is picked up and returned when easel(s) is brought back to SAM up to 7pm after ArtWalk or during SAM hours: Thursday-Saturday 10-5.
9. Promoting the DAAW: Artists are asked to send promotional e-mails and/or postcards to their personal art contact lists. We will email press releases to you so that you can send accurate event details to your contacts. If you have a web site, we encourage you to add the Art Walk information to that site by linking to us.
10. Ambassadors for the DAAW: Artists are expected to promote the event in a positive manner and
act respectfully towards the attending public and fellow artists.
By the submission of this application to participate in the Dunsmuir Autumn Art Walk and/or Siskiyou Arts Museum the participating artist assumes full liability for any occurrences that take place on his/her property during the Art Walk.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are accepted, please be sure and provide your email address and check it regularly as all communication will be made through that address, including notification of acceptance.